Architects and Architectural Services in Eastbourne, East Sussex
In order to fulfil your needs and requirements, our building company partners with high quality local architects to incorporate architectural services into our building works. This allows us to offer complete wall-to-wall solutions for our customers. If required, we can also ensure the architects we work with for certain jobs specialise in specific works, for example:
- Interior Design
- Period Buildings
Talk to us about the architects and contractors we work with. You can also ask us about how we offer these services as part of our works.
- During the Planning stage we undertake a detailed measured survey of your property and all parts vital to the project.
- We take extensive measurements, notes and photos and we discuss your project in more detail.
- We often share our own experience, visions and ideas with the client as well.
- We then draft sketches for the chosen option, showing the layout, how it would look and how it would work.
- The drafting/sketching stage usually takes two weeks, depending on the scale of the project.
- When you are happy with the design and all is finalised, we are ready to submit the plans to the local authority planning department.
- The certificate of Granted Planning Permission forms a vital part of the home records should they wish to sell the house.
- Over the years we have developed great relationships with planners and we aim to communicate and negotiate in order to make the application a success.
- After planning permission has been submitted, it is then validated by the Planning Department.
- A Planning Officer is then allocated, and a decision is made within eight weeks.
Building Regulations stage:
- After Planning Application has been granted we take the drawings and develop them further. The drawings need to meet all Building Regulations and Specifications.
- At this stage we might need to obtain and submit some structural calculations or heat loss calculations or submission to the Water Authority if building near or over Public Sewers.
- Building control charges inspection fees to their Fee Sheet and is checking the submitted Building Regulations application.
Building Regulations stage would cost similar to Planning fees + if structural calculation is required its £200-00 per beam and SAP(heat loss calcs. usually approx. £450-00)
If agreement is needed with Southern water they charge £720-00 and I would need £150-00 to sort out this application.
When building regulations have been approved, information is formulated and hard copies of drawings and documents are put together for your building contractor.
The project often runs through a two stage process. This can take anywhere from five to six months. Then you are ready to go!
FEES for Planning stage-
Single storey extension From £650
Double storey From £1200
Loft conversion From £850
Applying for Planning Permission
You can look on the Eastbourne Borough Council’s website where you can find help and information about the regulations and limits when applying for planning permission, and much more useful and helpful information here: www.eastbourne.gov.uk
More About Our Builders in Eastbourne
We Are RAM’s builders in Eastbourne and East Sussex provide quality, reliable and affordable building services in our town and surrounding areas. Check out our gallery to view examples of our building works.
We work with both domestic and commercial customers on jobs of all sizes so please talk to us about what you have in mind. As well as offering expert building services, we also specialise in flint walls and stonework.
Get a free quotation now.