Professional Architects and Architectural Services
in Eastbourne and East Sussex
Finding the right architect can prove challenging. As our number one goal is to fulfil your needs and go beyond expectations, We Are Ram Construction is in partnership with high quality local architects to incorporate architectural services into our building works.
This allows us to offer complete wall-to-wall solutions for our customers. For both residential and commercial planning, we cover all aspects of design, from an initial sketch / concept design through to detailed planning and building regulation drawings as well as submission. Our comprehensive service includes:
If required, we can also ensure that the architects that work with specialise in specific works, for example:
Every project is different. We listen carefully to your ideas and vision and advise on the practicalities and possibilities, as well as sharing our own ideas so that you can make an informed decision on your project. We also provide visual interactive 3D drawings to make the design process more efficient. After all, we love to hear that our customers are enjoying their new home.
Carefully Selected Architects You Can Trust
Your Vision Matters To Us
Quality Drawings With High Success Rate
Planning Stages – Site Visit
• During the Planning stage we undertake a detailed measured survey of your property and all parts vital to the project.
• We take extensive measurements, notes and photos and we discuss your project in more detail.
• We can share our own experience, knowledge, visions, and ideas with you to help develop your ideas if you find that helpful. Our Architect will work with you to create a design that is tailored to you.
• We then draft sketches to meet your brief, showing the layout, how it would look and how it would work.
• The drafting/sketching stage usually takes two weeks from inception, depending on the scale of the project.
Planning Stages – Submission
- When you are happy with the design and all is finalised, we will submit the plans to the local authority planning department to either obtain a Lawful Development Certificate (LDC) or request planning approval. The LDC or Planning Permission Document forms a key part of the home records should you will to sell the house.
- After planning permission has been submitted, it is then validated by the Planning Department.
- A Planning Officer is allocated to your project, and a decision is usually made within eight weeks.
Over the years, we have developed great relationships with Planners. Although we cannot guarantee that planning permission will be granted, we aim to communicate and negotiate to make the application a success.
Building Regulation Stage
- After Planning Permission has been granted we will work in conjunction with our Architect to develop the drawings further. This will involve combining our construction expertise to develop a cost-effective method of construction to achieve the best result for you. These drawings will meet all Building Regulations and Specifications and from these we will be able to give you a cost (estimate) for the works.
- At this stage we might need to obtain some structural calculations or heat loss calculations which will be submitted to satisfy Building Control or make a submission to the Water Authority if building is near or over Public Sewers.
- The Local Building Control Authority charges a fee to check and approve the plans and an inspection fee once work starts on site, this fee varies and depends on the works and the Council Authority in which you are located.
- When building regulations have been approved, information is formulated and hard copies of drawings and documents are put together for your building contractor.
- This two-stage process can take anywhere from three to six months, depending on the project. In some more difficult cases, network with Listed Buildings can take a lot longer.
Building Regulations stage fees would be similar to Planning Fees but is dependant on the final design, if structural calculations are required these are approximately £200.00 per beam and SAP (heat loss calcs. usually approx. £550.00).
If agreement is required with Southern Water, they charge £720.00 per application, and we would require £250.00 to process this application.
Once all this information has been collated and all approvals from the relevant bodies are in place, including acceptance of our estimate, we will then liaise with you and agree a suitable start date for the works.
Then you are ready to go!
Transparent Pricing with Confidence
FEES for Planning stage from: – (depending on size of property and complexity of proposals)
- Single storey extension From £950.00
- Double storey From £1,600.00
- Loft conversion From £1,100.00
Fees for Building Regulations stage:
- Single storey extension From £650
- Double storey From £1200
- Loft conversion From £850
- If structural calculation is required, £200 per beam and SAP
- Heat loss calculations is approx. £550.00
- If agreement is needed with Southern Water they charge £720.00 per application, plus there is a £250.00 administration fee for us to process this application.
We will coordinate the whole process on your behalf and guide you through the, often complicated, building process. By providing a single point of contact we aim to make your dream project totally hassle and stress free.
We strongly recommend that you share your budget for your project with us, so that we have more chance of turning your dreams into affordable, practical reality!
5-Star Customer Feedback On Checkatrade.
View Eastbourne Borough Council’s website where you can find help and information about the regulations and limits when applying for planning permission. Much more useful and helpful information here: www.eastbourne.gov.uk
We Are Ram Construction Builders
We Are RAM’s builders in Eastbourne and East Sussex provide quality, reliable and affordable building services in our town and surrounding areas. Check out our gallery to view examples of our building works.
We work with both domestic and commercial customers on jobs of all sizes so please talk to us about what you have in mind. As well as offering expert building services, we also specialise in flint walls and stonework. More About RAM
More About We Are RAM
Our company was formed following the merge of BN Construction Ltd and RJ Construction (Sussex) Ltd, and the incorporation of Antoine Coevoet. Now, our friendly and highly recommended team is growing with new members of staff joining every year. Our builders in Eastbourne and East Sussex, continue to build an excellent reputation for reliability and a friendly, good quality building services.